The Help Group’s STEM³ Academy is home to students who are interested in careers in an array of fields that spring from Science, Technology, Engineering and Math. At STEM³ Academy, we view the particular differences of special learners as strengths. A unique, project-based and visual learning curriculum emphasizes creativity, cooperation, rigorous academics and real-world, experiential learning. Our goal is to position our students for future success in college and their career. The idea of a specialized school for students with special gifts in the STEM disciplines can be the next great step in building independent lives for children with learning differences. Our out-of-the-box thinkers need an out-of-the-box curriculum as unique as them.
We are seeking a Computer Science Teacher for our state of the art STEM³ Academy at our Valley Glen campus. This position will be responsible for educating highly gifted students with special needs, including those with high functioning autism. The suitable candidate will be energetic and passionate about teaching, and will have a background or interest in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) or a STEM-related field.
- Experience teaching highly capable students
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Education, Computer Science or a related field.
- CBEST Certification is required. Our agency does reimburse candidates who successfully complete the CBEST and become an employee. High SAT scores are accepted in lieu of a CBEST certification.
- Mild/moderate special education teaching credential strongly preferred, but not required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, coordinate and implement individual student programs
- Select appropriate curriculum content for each student.
- Determine appropriate, measurable goals and objectives for each student
- Write individual education plans (IEPs) and participate in IEP meetings
- Employ a trans-disciplinary approach to education, conferring with team members as appropriate for particular issues.
Â The Help Group offers wonderful training opportunities, a supportive, professional work environment and great benefits, including:
- Reimbursement of CEUs
- 100% employer sponsored health insurance plan
- Vision, dental and life insurance
- 403b Savings Plan
- Small class sizes with Instructional Aide support and a multidisciplinary approach
- SIGN-ON BONUS!!
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.