Founded in 1975, The Help Group is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive nonprofit of its kind in the United States serving children with special needs related to autism spectrum disorder, learning disabilities, ADHD, developmental delays, abuse and emotional problems. The Help Group’s specialized day schools offer pre-K through high school programs for more than 1,300 students. Our wide range of mental health and therapy services, child abuse and residential programs extends its reach to more than 5,000 children and their families each year. With over +900 staff members, our state of the art schools and programs are located on four major campuses in the Los Angeles area.
STEM³ Academy is home to students who are interested in careers in an array of fields that spring from Science, Technology, Engineering and Math. At STEM³ Academy, we view the particular differences of special learners as strengths. A unique, project-based and visual learning curriculum emphasizes creativity, cooperation, rigorous academics and real-world, experiential learning. Our goal is to position our students for future success in college and career. The idea of a specialized school for students with special gifts in the STEM disciplines can be the next great step in building independent lives for children with learning differences.
We are seeking a Spanish Teacher for a unique, state-of-the-art STEM-based school educating students with special needs, including those with high functioning autism. The suitable candidate will be energetic and passionate about teaching.
- Experience teaching highly capable students
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Education or Spanish
- CBEST Certification
- Mild/moderate special education teaching credential strongly preferred
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, coordinate and implement individual student programs
- Select appropriate curriculum content for each student
- Determine appropriate, measurable goals and objectives for each student
- Write individual education plans (IEPs) and participate in IEP meetings
- Employ a trans-disciplinary approach to education, conferring with team members as appropriate for particular issues.
The Help Group offers wonderful training opportunities, a supportive, professional work environment and great benefits, including:
- Reimbursement of CEUs
- 100% employer sponsored health insurance plan, including vision & dental benefits.
- 403b Savings Plan
- Small class sizes with Instructional Aide support and a multidisciplinary approach
- SIGN-ON BONUS for special education credentialed teachers!!!
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.